Spine - disc herniation
How safe are the steriod injections administered for pain reduction due to nerve root compression because of disc herniation. my mother has been getting treated for this for years now and she is regularly taking medicines and doing physiotherapy. Of late the condition has worsened and pain is not subsiding. plz advise

Dr. Rajnish Sethi
Joint Replacement Surgeon 9 yrs exp Delhi

there is no harm in this injection for once . but I she doesn't get relief with this injection  then u should consider surgery but I can't advice u until I check the pt by myself.  I will advice to follow uer orthopaedic surgeon advice