Spinal Injury
I hav lower disc pain On l3 l4 l5 s1. Lot of pain causing on my left side. I already did surgery for that last year. Acording to doc they cut and remove the disc which is not on the place. But now i am still facing the same problem. What should i do now. Go for another surgery but this time spine fusion. Or some eles

Dr. Vinod Kumar A.C
Orthopedist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

surgery for disc is nothing but removing of herniated disc which was causing Radiating pain, it doesn't solve your back pain For back pain you have to strengthening your back by continuing back exercises,physiotherapy, if back muscles are not strengthened you may get back pain,or another disc prolapse ,or failed back, consult orthopedic surgeon they will suggest
Dr. Ajay Rao
Joint Replacement Surgeon 13 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, back pain persisting after discectomy can be due to degenerated facets or intervertebral joints, lack of time in your back muscles or instability between vertebrae. I would suggest that you consult a spine surgeon who will take special X rays to see if you have instability and require spinal fusion