Speech when on tracheosto

I had tracheostomy on 8th of Oct and now doctor have adviced me to speak as much as I can so that my vocal cords which are not mobile at this stage, starts moving. Now my question: is there any specific therapy for this or I can randomly start talking by closing the tracheostomy tube. As of now my voice is low and only people sitting near to me can hear.

Dr. Sankarshana V T
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 21 yrs exp Bangalore

In regard to your question first of all what was the reason u had a tracheostomy done? and if it was because of vocal cord mobility problem and if u still have a tracheostomy tube which tube is it a portex or a metallic tube ? .As for speech therapy I would suggest that u use a size smaller than the one u have and try speech therapy it would help .
Dr. D.Vidyasagar
Rhinologist 11 yrs exp Hyderabad
Speech therapy should be of help to you. If the tracheostomy has been done due to the non Function of vocal cords then until they start to move the voice would be low and husky. After three months of speech therapy we can try for voice improving surgeries .