Speech problems
Hi, My daughter is 2 years 8 months. She only talks around 30 of 2 letter words. Her understanding is better than her speech though. She can do all simple instructions . But, she is not able make sentences. I got her checked up with speech therapists and they don't readily think it is of autistic or any such severe issue. We are looking for speech therapists who can do therapy at home or may be who are nearby, Seegehalli, K.R.Puram area, Bangalore. Any advice on the issue or availability of doctors is greatly appreciate.

Till you find a speech therapist, these are some ideas for you to try at home: - Use good speech that is clear and simple for your child to model. - Repeat what your child says indicating that you understand. Build and expand on what was said. "Want juice? I have juice. I have apple juice. Do you want apple juice?" - Use baby talk only if needed to convey the message and when accompanied by the adult word. "It is time for din-din. We will have dinner now." - Make a scrapbook of favorite or familiar things by cutting out pictures. Group them into categories, such as things to ride on, things to eat, things for dessert, fruits, things to play with. Create silly pictures by mixing and matching pictures. Glue a picture of a dog behind the wheel of a car. Talk about what is wrong with the picture and ways to "fix" it. Count items pictured in the book. - Ask questions that require a choice. "Do you want an apple or an orange?" "Do you want to wear your red or blue shirt?" - Expand vocabulary. Name body parts, and identify what you do with them. "This is my nose. I can smell flowers, brownies, popcorn, and soap." - Sing simple songs and recite nursery rhymes to show the rhythm and pattern of speech. - Place familiar objects in a container. Take turns to take an object out and talk about it and what one can do with it. "This is a ball. I bounce it. I play with it." - Use photographs of familiar people, places, or events and retell what happened or make up a new story. - Read to your child. Sometimes "reading" is simply describing the pictures in a book without following the written words. Choose books that are sturdy and have large colorful pictures that are not too detailed. Ask your child, "What's this?" and encourage naming and pointing to familiar objects in the book. Don't constantly ask questions - make comments to give the child a model on how she can describe the pic in 2-3 worded sentences. TRY TO MAKE YOUR INTERACTION AS FUN AS POSSIBLE!
Find a speech therapist to help you learn more language stimulation techniques..
DO NOT TRY TO TEACH LANGUAGE AS A SUBJECT - If it becomes boring for the child, they will not be cooperative to pick up new words. When children are happy, they pick up words faster.

Speech pronunciation problems in adults Inability to understand speech Speech therapist in mira road