Speech therapy

My daughter would turning to 3 years old on 21st January 2017. My daughter has not yet developed talking clearly though she will be blabbering whatever she likes. If you sit with her and talk she would repeat the words exactly though not clearly. But when she is in public she won't utter a word. It's been 3 months she started going to playschool. Teacher are complaining that she is not at all responding orally though she is catching all other activities and they have started interacting with her using signs. They are forcing us to have her speech therapy done. I am really confused of its normal thing for a child to develop late speech. She is talkative at home but not elsewhere.

Doctor Answers (4) on Speech therapy

As per the given information, it does appear that your child has delayed speech and language development. She would need to undergo few assessment like a hearing assessment (to assess her hearing status), speech-language assessment (to assess her comprehension and expression language age) and pediatric assessment.
Please contact your nearest available Speech-language Pathologist and/or Audiologist
Intervention in early years of development leads to better outcomes.
Dr. Rishi Pal Noida | Speech Therapist
You should consult speech therapist near by you,as he can guide you some of the strategies for home plan...
Children's speech and language development follows a typical pattern. For example at first birth day the normal children speak at least one meaningful word, at the age of 2 years they should able to combined two words and at the age of 3years expected to speak in sentences .The deviation in such pattern is considered as delayed speech and language. Early professional help (Speech language therapy) can be very much effective for developing the communication skills and achieving academic goal among such children.
You can consult Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) & Audiologist for detail evaluation.
Give speech language stimulation.(talk to him based on situation more and more)
Dr. Amit Agarwal Noida | Pediatrician
Definitely not normal.. baby needs development assessment before leaving it for too late. Earlier you intervene better the results