Speech problem

Hi am 25 year old i have problem in my speech i cannot pronounce any word which dominates "R" for example if i say ghar(house) it sounds like ghad please help me can it be improved with some speech therapy please reply am going in lot of embarrassed by it please reply.
views-icons 176 Views Bookmark this Answer

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu
Clinical Psychologist 8 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi, yes I can understand how embarrassing this must be for you. But please don't let your mood down for a problem which is genuine and rectifiable. You need a speech therapist as it takes certain mechanism to learn pronounce letters and words. The counselor/speech therapist will show certain tongue exercises which can help you pronounce all the words and letters in their phonetic nature. You can use the practo search engine to find a speech specialist or you can also inquire with a counselor who would know speech therapy.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
6/6 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?