Speckled nevus

I was told that i have speckled nevus on left side of my face and there a treatment to reduce the appearance of the nevus? if yes how much time will it take to get desired effects? and also the type of treatment to be offered.

Doctor Answers (1) on Speckled nevus

Such nevus are only amenable to Q switched Nd YAG laser therapy. ​ Laser removal is a good option and is relatively painless. You must understand it requires multiple sessions, may be 6 or more to achieve a desired result. Each session can be performed at gap of 1-2 months depending on rate of clearance of pigment. Charges vary depending on laser machine used and should be around Rs 4000 /-for a single session. Hope it helps. The final outcome depends on a number of factors and may not achieve a completely flawless skin. Discuss all these points with treating dermatologist.