Remove Becker Nevus
I have big black dark patch on right shoulder, this we know as baker navus. I know this is a harmless mole/birthmark but visually it's not. Usually other people didn't ask questions about it and if they did, they usually told me that it is not a big deal. However it became a big deal for me. I started to avoid scenes at public when I had to take of my shirt (for example at the gym) and I also evaded places like the beach or public baths. Even when I was alone at home, I didn't like to walk around without my shirt. At this point I realized that the actually harmless BN did constrain/influence my life in a psychological way. It is easy for other people to tell you that it is not a big deal, because they don't have to live with it . Seriously i am very very disappointed and frustrated with this, it is killing me some times. Please help me to get rid of it. I will be very very grateful. PLEASE HELP ME.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Becker's nevus is harmless in the sense that it usually has no threat to one's life though there are certain comorbidities associated and should be looked for. It has a high impact on quality of life for few patients. My recommendation would be to meet a Dermatologist and get a skin biopsy done to ensure the diagnosis. Treatment can then be commenced which will comprise of Q switched lasers in multiple sessions combined with fractional lasers. The goal will be to minimize the visual stigmata without causing harm to the healthy skin.