Smoking problem
I'm a 22 year old male and have been smoking for the past 4-5 years. I have developed a very bad habit of smoking during my bowel movements. I have tried stoping but I end up not going to the toilet for days. How do I quit this habit? Kindly guide me.

Dr. Harisha N L

First and foremost you must understand quiting smoking is a very gradual process. You should have strong determination and patience if you want to quit....and medications can't be prescribed just like that...de addition is a multi step procedure... you need to undergo counselling sessions to get motivated later on medications can be started... I would suggest you to consult nearest deaddiction center they will do the needful.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  A strong will power is required to quit smoking thats all. But sometimes people get tempted to smoke and feel like they can never quit. Try a nicotine chewing gum or a patch for few weeks. You can consult a psychiatrist in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Rama S.K
Internal Medicine 16 yrs exp Dimapur
You have psychological dependence to smoking...meet the experts to deaddict you