Slip disc issue

My has l5 slip disc pain in back, she is having it since 2 months. Is there a fast solution to cure her pain and problem?
views-icons 73 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (5) on Slip disc issue

Dr. Suchita K Taparia Noida | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Hello mam...plz avoid forward bending, lifting heavy objects,and take care your posture...apply hot water twice a day for 15 min..and take rest for 3 to 4 day...After that start exercise under physiotherapists guidance....thanks
Hi..
C this slip is a very painful condition..
If it is sever and she can't manage her daily activities,, give her a complete bed rest for 7 days and some analgesia.. if u want to get it relieved..we can go for neural blocks and endoscopic surgeries which help her to relieve immediately...
If u have my queries at the procedures I mention plz have a private consultation with me on my mail id
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
Apply Hot Fomentation twice daily. Avoid bending in front. Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall. Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily - lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times. Bhujang Asana -- Lie flat on your stomach, keeping the palms out, bend the neck backward, take a deep breath and while holding it for 6 seconds, raise the chest up. Release breath and relax your body. Repeat the exercise 15 times twice daily. Core Strengthening Exercises- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day.
Dr. Mahesh G Bangalore | Physiotherapist
Hello. There are a lot of verities in back pain. If your mom is suffering from many days or months or years, it is indicated for a physical examination. Does she experience leg pain coming from lower back or numbness? Have you tried any Physiotherapy sessions so far? Take her to a orthopaedic Dr, get proper medication and start Physiotherapy. There are many varieties in Physiotherapy. Therapy protocol is prescribed according to the condition of the patient.
Rupalini Sastry (P.T.) Bangalore | Clinical Physiotherapist
What is fast?
So let me put it this way.

Route 1.
Look for fast treatment. Go to one specialist . Get MRIs and x rays and take varying pills from few weeks to few Months. Attend prescribed physio sessions .. Be unhappy with outcome have a fashionable discussion as to who is a better specialist . The go back to beginning.
Route 2.
Understand degree of injury/problem. Go for a proper non surgical consult. Get proper Physiotherapy which takes 6 months to an year to completely recover. Continue to do exercise and follow few easy rules. And live a largely pain free well managed happy life. In case physio fails/ you can't exercise properly then get a surgical consult. And undergo physio and lifestyle modifications anyway.

Please understand we need to see the patient before diagnosing and delivering treatment. Sometimes a surgical consult may be necessary from the beginning. Kindly visit your physio for further evaluation and treatment.