Slip disc issue

My has l5 slip disc pain in back, she is having it since 2 months. Is there a fast solution to cure her pain and problem?
views-icons 88 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Apply Hot Fomentation twice daily. Avoid bending in front. Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall. Extension Exercises x 15 times x twice daily - lying on tummy, take left arm up for 3 seconds, then bring it down, right arm up for 3 seconds, bring down. Bring right leg up, hold for 3 seconds, bring it down. Then right leg up and hold for 3 seconds and bring it down. Repeat twice a day- 10 times. Bhujang Asana -- Lie flat on your stomach, keeping the palms out, bend the neck backward, take a deep breath and while holding it for 6 seconds, raise the chest up. Release breath and relax your body. Repeat the exercise 15 times twice daily. Core Strengthening Exercises- Straight Leg Raised With Toes Turned Outward, repeat 10 times, twice a day.
Dr. Mahesh G
Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Bangalore

Hello. There are a lot of verities in back pain. If your mom is suffering from many days or months or years, it is indicated for a physical examination. Does she experience leg pain coming from lower back or numbness? Have you tried any Physiotherapy sessions so far? Take her to a orthopaedic Dr, get proper medication and start Physiotherapy. There are many varieties in Physiotherapy. Therapy protocol is prescribed according to the condition of the patient.
Dr. Suchita K Taparia
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 7 yrs exp Bangalore
Hello mam...plz avoid forward bending, lifting heavy objects,and take care your posture...apply hot water twice a day for 15 min..and take rest for 3 to 4 day...After that start exercise under physiotherapists guidance....thanks
Dr. Ravindranath Kapu
Neurosurgeon 4 yrs exp Visakhapatnam
Hi.. C this slip is a very painful condition.. If it is sever and she can't manage her daily activities,, give her a complete bed rest for 7 days and some analgesia.. if u want to get it relieved..we can go for neural blocks and endoscopic surgeries which help her to relieve immediately... If u have my queries at the procedures I mention plz have a private consultation with me on my mail id
Rupalini Sastry (P.T.)
Clinical Physiotherapist 12 yrs exp Bangalore
What is fast? So let me put it this way. Route 1. Look for fast treatment. Go to one specialist . Get MRIs and x rays and take varying pills from few weeks to few Months. Attend prescribed physio sessions .. Be unhappy with outcome have a fashionable discussion as to who is a better specialist . The go back to beginning. Route 2. Understand degree of injury/problem. Go for a proper non surgical consult. Get proper Physiotherapy which takes 6 months to an year to completely recover. Continue to do exercise and follow few easy rules. And live a largely pain free well managed happy life. In case physio fails/ you can't exercise properly then get a surgical consult. And undergo physio and lifestyle modifications anyway. Please understand we need to see the patient before diagnosing and delivering treatment. Sometimes a surgical consult may be necessary from the beginning. Kindly visit your physio for further evaluation and treatment.