Sleeping problem

I sleep at nights 6 hours and afternoon its 2 hour sleep. So my question is thats why i feel lazy,if i didn't sleep at noon i am to exhausted at evening apart from that i goes sleep at daily routine time of night even i don't sleep at noon or may be due to allergy of dust cause cold. I don't confront whats the problem. Please give me right suggestion. Thank u

Doctor Answers (3) on Sleeping problem

Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi, it seems to me that your sleep cycle is 6 hours at night sleep and 2 hours in the afternoon. Also as I understand it if you don't sleep in the afternoon you feel tired and exhausted.
The body usually needs about 8 hours of sleep. With your night sleep only , you are not getting adequate amount of sleep and hence feel lazy in the day.
You can try to shift your sleep cycle to 8 hours at night.
Try and identify what causes you to wake up in 6 hours.
Follow a good sleep routine, sleep at a similar time everyday. Avoid tea / coffee/ stimulants 3 hours before sleep.
Eat dinner about 2 hours before bedtime.
Exercise in the day time.
Have a warm shower to relax yourself near bedtime. Drink warm milk at bedtime.
Do relaxation or breathing techniques to get rid of stress.
In case , with all of the above you are still not able to get 8 hours of sleep at night, you can visit a Psychiatrist who can prescribe a sleeping tablet like Zolpidem for a short period of time till your sleep cycle shifts and you start sleeping about 8 hours at night.
Hope this helps, All the best!
Dr. Antara Gupta Aligarh | Psychiatrist
If your mood is normal then you dont need to worry. Just have thyroid hormone and TSH levels done. If that too is norrmal then focus on physical exercises.  Start playing a sport like badminton or do suryanamaskar in the morning plus pranayama.
Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.... Get enough sleep, but don't oversleep. Get an adequate amount of sleep each night. It's best to go to bed and wake up at regular times, as well.... Avoid or limit caffeine and alcohol and don't use nicotine. All of these can make it harder to sleep. Avoid caffeine after lunchtime. Avoiding alcohol can help prevent restless sleep and frequent awakenings.