Sleep less

Hi, now a days I can sleep only for 4 to 5 hours, is this enough ? Or else I would sleep min how much hours per day

Doctor Answers (1) on Sleep less

Ms. Sneha Bhat Bangalore | Counselling Psychologist
Hello There, Your curiosity and concern about sleep is right. Deep sleep being the state of calm and thoughtlessness plays a prominent role in our life. Every one of us being different from each other would need different amount of resting time. The factors which decide the right amount of sleep for you are following. 1. Do you feel rested and fresh when you wake up..?? 2. Is the sleep you are getting a sound one..?? If you answered Yes, do not worry about reduced span of sleep, If the answer's no I have few more questions 3. Are you suffering from any sort of physical ailment off late..?? 4. Are you anxious, excited or confused about something which is making you restless..?? 5. Are you going though any sort of life change..?? If you said yes to no. 3 consult concerned specialist else consult a counselor/psychologist/a good friend who shall be able to help you sail through the phase. Take Care & Sleep Well. Best, Sneha Bhat