Skin problems

I have so many pimples and its scars on my face ....I am using silico fresh soap now but still lite pimples and scars left....i have dark circles too.....

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin problems

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi Treatment of acne vulgaris should be directed towards the known pathogenic factors, including follicular hyperproliferation, excess sebum, P acnes, and inflammation. The most appropriate treatment is based on the grade and severity of the acne. The following medications are used in the treatment of propionibacterium acne vulgaris:- Retinoid-like agents. Antibiotics. Selective aldosterone antagonist acne products. When a topical or systemic antibiotic is used, it should be used in conjunction with benzoyl peroxide or topical retinoid to reduce the emergence of resistance. Diet therapy, such as a low-glycemic diet and avoidance of “junk foods,” has been suggested as a nonpharmacologic measure to manage acne vulgaris Procedural treatments for acne vulgaris include the following- Manual extraction of comedones. Intralesional steroid injections. Superficial peels that use glycolic or salicylic acid. And as far as the acne scars is concerned, scars can involve textural change in the superficial and deep dermis, and can also be associated with erythema, and less often pigmentary change. In general, treatment of acne scarring is a multistep procedure. First,examination of is necessary to classify the subtypes of scarring that are present. Then, the patient´s primary concerns are elicited, and the patient is offered a menu of procedures that may address the various components of the scarring can be removed by using chemical and mechanical peeling and also by laser treatment. Coming to dark circles- mild to moderate dark circles often respond well to simple and inexpensive treatments, such as: Cold.Apply cold compress or two chilled teaspoons or a bag of frozen peas wrapped in a soft cloth to that area to temporarily reduce discolouration, since this things mainly acts on the blood vessels supplying that area. Use extra pillows- Elevate your head with two or more pillows to prevent puffiness that develops when fluid pools in your lower eyelids. Proper sleep- Although short nights don't usually cause under-eye circles, a lack of sleep makes you paler and more hollow-eyed, so shadows and circles you already have become more obvious. If you are not satisfied kindly Consult a dermatologist for further management.