Skin problems

I had a couple of questions regarding the skin problems. I have oily skin and my skin is also very sensitive. I had acne problem and that has been solved by the dermatologist I am visiting however there are many scars left to be faded off. My questions are: 1) My dermatogist had suggested me the pills - Odoxyl and capsules - Vitabin B complex with c. This helped me in getting rid of the maximum acne. How long can I take these; can I take these for lifetime as these are just antibiotics and supplements? 2) My dermatologist suggested me to go through the peel off ( I am not sure of the type) process to fade away the ance scars. Considering I have a very senstive skin, is that a safe option? I mean is there any side effect the peel off procedure can have on sensitive skin?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcision, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier.
Chemical peels are safe in experienced hands.
You can not take these medications for a long time and you should review your treatment plan also.