Skin Problem

I am having some fungus kind of thing on my arms and it is increasing on my whole hand.No pain it gives but looks weired.It is communicable also

Doctor Answers (2) on Skin Problem

Greetings. Fungal infection is quite common. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.
Fungal infection is very common and was very easy to treat. With rampant usage of antifungals, the fungus has become stubborn. There are various ways to deal around the situationbut first see a Dermatologist for reestablishing the diagnosis. Once confirmed, treatment can be initiated. Don't worry it will resolve for sure if you correctly follow the recommendations. Hope it helps.