Skin problem

I am having kind of acne on my arms, upper back, and face. Their spots never fade. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (2) on Skin problem

Thanks for the query. Acne is a difficult problem to deal with at your age when there are already many issues troubling you. There can be many causes of acne including lifestyle, genetic ,insulin resistance and so on. A comprehensive evaluation will help us identify the cause of the disorder and then it can be treated in a precise manner. €‹Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. A skin scraping to rule out a fungal folliculitis is also advisable as many a times it mimicks acne especially on the body. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation and make a path for the flawless skin you aspire for.
Dr. Nagesh .T. S Bangalore | Dermatologist
Acne can develop over the face, back, shoulders and chest. It usually starts around 15 years of age and will be on and off upto the age of 25 years. It has to be treated depending on the severity of acne.
Certain creams and tablets will help to reduce acne and marks also.

You need to consult a dermatologist near your place or you can send pictures