Acne -Face/Shoulders/Back

I have very bad acne on the face, shoulders and back. I am suffering for almost 10 years. Recently some doctor prescribed and I'm having Azithromycin 250 Tabs & applying BETNOVATE-N (Betamethasone 0.10+Neomycin 0.5 ) but I don't see any changes. Please suggest.

Doctor Answers (1) on Acne -Face/Shoulders/Back

There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. I am not very sure of why such potent topical steroids have been asked to be applied. Meet your dermatologist again to understand the facts.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.