Skin problem at groin

Hi Off late i was facing an issue of groin itching. To cure that, initially i applied Itch guard, I didn't find relief , then i tried FLUCORT-H(Fluocinolone acetonide cream IP) and it cured my itching problem. I used it regularly for six month to an year. From last six month i noticed some reddish mark where i mostly applied that cream. i stopped applying that cream. In last two month i have noticed that reddish skin turned to purple patch and now skin of that part of groin has loosened(thin skin), it appears like wrinkles in skin. Please suggest some cure for this problem.

Doctor Answers (4) on Skin problem at groin

Dr. Ajaya Kashyap Delhi | Dermatologist
Thank you for the question. You need to consult a dermatologist as soon as possible and stop using steroids.
Dr. Deepak Devakar Bangalore | Dermatologist
please stop using steroid creams and consult a dermatologist, if it is treated right, you will have a complete clearance of your skin problem
Dr. Nipun Jain Delhi | Dermatologist/Cosmetologist
Using steroid creams will harm you. Consult a Dermatologist ASAS and never self treat
I am surprised that you have self medicated with topical steroids for such a prolonged duration. What gave you temporary relief has cause skin damage now. Kindly meet a Dermatologist and ask him to wean you on steroids and after a couple of weeks how to get back the normal skin. Unsupervised long term usage of such medications makes the skin very thin and sensitive.