Skin infection in thighs

I have a skin infection in my jock area in the thighs. It's been there for over 6 months. I think it's due to lack of hygiene and excess moisture. It has been spreading and not stopped. I have also developed a small patch of it in one of my feet. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (2) on Skin infection in thighs

Dr. Ajaya Kashyap Delhi | Dermatologist
Thank you for the query. you need to visit a dermatologist because proper examination of the area is required before commencing treatment.
Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Dermatologist
An examination of your groins will be required to confirm the diagnosis. It is likely that you have fungal infection. And in your case you will need oral prescription anti fungal medicines. So what you should do is visit a dermatologist for a prescription. Oral medicines cannot be given without a prescription. Go to a dermatologist and you should benefit. Till you visit a dermatologist you can: 1. Keep your groins as dry as you can . Moisture (dampness) encourages fungal growth 2. Change your undergarments twice a day. 3. If you have a habit of washing the area with water every time you use the loo (for urination)then don't. Use a talc free powder instead and a toilet tissue to maintain your hygiene.