Skin infection

I have a ringworm kind of skin infection in the upper part of both my thighs... I have been under medication for 3 weeks but there is very little improvement... Pls help
views-icons 61 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Dr. Shivashankar B. Sajjanshetty

Hi.. fungal therapy for 3 wks should ideally improve or cure the infection. If it is not improving,  then we need find out the cause.. either 1) treatment prescribed may be wrong  ( which is very unusual if treated by a dermatologist ) 2 ) you might have developed resistance to the therapy  ( for that it's important you change the antifungal molecule ) 3) you have not followed the medications properly 4) change your life style practices like avoid wearing tight innerwear or wet inner garments.  Avoid wearing jeans Consult once again the dermatologist so that he prescribe you correct medications for the right duration Hope this helps you Regards
Dr. Anchal Shah
Dermatologist 8 yrs exp Ahmedabad
Hello, Ringworm infection takes time to show complete removal. Its very important to follow: 1. adherence to medications 2. dont share you clothing 3. keep the area dry 4. hygiene practice. Also, you can send us following details so that i can help you out better: 1. photo of affected skin area 2. list of medications that you are already taking 3.reports of blood test done (if any)
Dr. Manoj Agarwala
Thanks for the query. 3 weeks is a reasonable time for a fungal infection to get cured. Fungal infection is very common and was very easy to treat. With rampant usage of antifungals, the fungus has become stubborn. There are various ways to deal around the situation but first see a Dermatologist for reestablishing the diagnosis. Once confirmed, treatment can be initiated. Don't worry it will resolve for sure if you correctly follow the recommendations. Hope it helps.
Meet a Dermatologist. Keep the area dry.
After touching the area with ringworm, wash your hands before touching another area of your body. Avoid sharing towels and other personal items