Skin colour

I was born fair...as i grew up my hands, legs and face got darker...how can i get back my orignal skin tone...i want even tone all over my skin...now i avoid going in sunlight and if i go then i use sunscreen...plz help me to get back my orignal skin tone...give me a natural way if possible...

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin colour

Dr. Syed Rahil Hyderabad | Dermatologist
Greetings! You have worked out correctly that skin tanning is due to sun exposure. Sun light has harmful rays (UVB & UVA) that cause darkening of skin and premature ageing. The most important first step is to prevent any further damage by avoiding sun exposure esp. during peak hours (10 Am to 4 PM) and taking precautions like wearing wide brim hat if you cannot avoid going out during this time. The second step is using sun sunscreens. There are different brands of sunscreens available in the market. To be effective it should be at least SPF 30 or more and should be applied 30 minutes before sun exposure. The effect of sunscreen lasts only for 2-3 hours so you have to reapply it after this time. You also need to keep in mind that no sunscreen will give you 100% protection. Now coming to treatment for tanning, there are many products available that lightens the skin tone. Please see a dermatologist who will suggest the correct treatment after assessing your skin. But if you are looking for natural ways of skin lightening I would suggest you to search on the internet and I am sure you will find lot of information on this subject.