Skin color

I have a wheatish complexion. Where as when i was born i was fair . i have got tanned . how to be fair again.

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin color

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
I wouldn't advise you to remove a tan or improve your complexion. A tan protects you from harmful radiation from the sun. Your untanned complexion is the colour on the areas of the body not exposed to sunlight like the upper inner part of your arms. Tan removal will improve your complexion in tanned areas to match the untanned areas. However it makes your skin more sensitive to sunlight. There are medicines available like glutathione for improving the overall complexion of your skin but results cannot be guaranteed. Meet a dermatologist near you and discuss with them regarding the same. Meanwhile using a sunscreen every 3 hours between 8am to 5pm or using a long acting sunscreen twice a day (morning and afternoon) will help reduce your tan naturally. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore