Skin boils on hip line
I had a boil on my hip line about 4 months ago which had to be surgically cut to get rid of the puss. Now i think its happening again. I have just started feeling that pain but feel no boil as of now. Is there any way to stop it before it grows?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Based on your description it looks like a superficial bacterial infection usually caused by staphylococcus aureus. Sometimes they co-exist with fungal folliculitis. Kindly consult a dermatologist for exact diagnosis and a precise treatment plan. Its also important to prevent their relapse once you have got it cured. A decolonization regimen suggested by your doctor will help.