Sight with squint
My child has squint in left eye with sph minus 12 and right eye is minus 5. Now given glasses and patch and under observation of 2 months. Here my fear is, are these values are high and dangerous to eye sight in the future. Please advice.

Hello there. I can understand your concern for your child. Yes these values are high but early treatment can reduce the chances of it further increasing. Further follow-up regularly will also be needed. Kindly give him a high protein diet along with carrots and other greens and vegetables. There won't be any problem in the future as such which cannot be dealt. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain.
Dr. Deepa Naik
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 10 yrs exp Ghaziabad
Hi, follow the advice of your doctor. Use glasses regularly and patching is important to prevent amblyopia or lazy eye. Though the nos are on higher side with correct treatment there is nothing to worry. U can consult paediatric ophthalmologist who are specialized in treating eye problems in children.