MY EYE SIGHT IS WEAK

EYE POWER IS -2.25 BOTH EYES AND I WANT TO REMOVE MY SPECTACLES , DONT KNOW HOW , is there any treatment or surgery is required please let me knowPLEASE SUGGEST ME.

Doctor Answers (3) on MY EYE SIGHT IS WEAK

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
There is no medication or food for improving eyesight or to get rid of glasses. If not interested in glasses then you can try a. Contact lens b. Lasik laser as your age is now 24 years so your number will not increase now whether you wear glasses or not as number becomes stable at age of 18-20 yrs. Having said that I advise you to eat balanced diet including green vegetables and seasonal fruits for keeping eyes and body healthy. As you are not comfortable with contact lens then go for lasik. Lasik is a very easy and painless procedure. If you want to get rid of glasses then go for lasik
Dr. Arun Rajan Thiruvananthapuram | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Consult your Ophthalmologist for contact lens application or lasik surgery. If you want surgery, then your spectacle power has to be Stable for a year at least. There are a few more tests like your corneal thickness which have to be checked to confirm that you are eligible for surgery.
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..you can go for lasix surgery..criteria include age must be above 18 years, no other medical illnesses, Contact lenses can change the shape of your cornea, thereby affecting the results an eye doctor determines your candidacy for LASIK.so must be out of contact lenses for as many weeks as told by doctor.power should not be very high.consult ophthalmologist in nearest hospital...