Shoulder pain not healing

My husband went for a short weekend trip from his byke and since he has come back, right after 3 days, he started experiencing pain in his shoulder. I thought it is just a muscle pain due to the hectic and constant driving, and I applied all the necessary creams like Dynaper Gel, IOdex along with hot water bag, went for some medications through one of the physicians from Yatharth Hospital itself, but all in vain. The pain is getting worse and he is unable to sleep now as it gets intense when he tries to sleep. Kindly recommend me what can be done. Thank you, Nitya

Doctor Answers (6) on Shoulder pain not healing

Needs a very proper and through examination and assessment if the situation continues it may later become on/off and ultimately may result into even severe pathology better get addressed at earliest!
Pankaj Agrawal Ahmedabad | Orthopedic Surgeon
Dear friend .without injury overuse in abduction posture is frequent cause of bursitis and impingement, like we do during long laparoscopy surgeries.lot of pts come to us like same complaints. U get yourself assessed by a shoulder specialist in your area.u may be required to do some cuff exercises.and we have to assess your coff too for any partial tear if any..wish you recovery soon.regards dr pankaj agrawal. Shoulder knee and joints reconstruction surgeon Ahmedabad.
Dr. Vishwas Virmani Noida | Physiotherapist
c Use cervical pillow. Regular stretching of shoulder muscles. Warm up and cool down is a must. Hot fomentation Use cervical pillow.
Dr. Rajiv Mehta Delhi | Physiotherapist
Since he is having sleepless time that means there is some structural problem in shoulder that can be tendinopathy, periarthritis, rotator cuff injury. Kindly visit a registered, qualified and experienced physiotherapist who will assess the condition and will help u. Know us more at www.physiotherapistdelhi.in
Dr. Rahul chepuri Hyderabad | Pediatric Physiotherapist
Hi there ! Try EMS in physical therapy for rotator cuff muscles and  kinesiology taping !
The way you describe I feel he has developed some tendinopathy around the shoulder
If not taken care of this fast than it may lead to frozen shoulder which is very disabling he needs to see an Orthopaedist as soon as possible please take appointment with some Orthopaedic doctor specialised in sports medicine and consult