Short sight

I am suffering from short sight in my left eye which has got a power of -2.50 D. I am not using spectacles. I had a recent check up and i am instructed to wear spectacles.my left eye is lazy eye. Doctor prescribed to wear plane glass in right eye since its vision is normal. will my left eye be able to recover to normal vision? If so how long does it take? Is doing laser surgery in my left eye effective?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 9 yrs exp Sangrur

Hello For lazy eye,glasses along with patching will help. Patch right eye atleast 4hrs /day along with 1 hour of near work with left eye Chances of visual recovery are there till 17yrs of age. But speed of recovery is slow as age advances. Lasik will help you to get rid of glasses but will not treat lazy eye Having said this,-2.5D can't induce lazy eye. Kindly send me your glasses prescription along with reports of your doctor so that I may guide you better
Dr. Meeta Mungale
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 14 yrs exp Vadodara

you could try wearing specs for a year and see how much vision improves..the possibility of recovery would be higher with minus nos..advisable to wait for laser vision correction till its verified that the no is stable and shows no increase..hope it helps..
Dr. Deepa Naik
Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon 10 yrs exp Ghaziabad
Hi, wear glasses regularly to maintain good vision in left eye. Generally in younger kids 0-12 yrs we prescribe patching of better eye to improve the vision in the lazy eye. Patching might not be very helpful for you.Laser surgery is for removal of numbers not for improvement of vision. Go for regular eye check up.