Short sight

I am suffering from short sight and my left eye has got a power of -2.50 D. I am instructed to wear spectacles.my left eye is a lazy eye.Will my left eye be able to attain normal vision? how long does it take? my right eye is using plane glasses.I am not suffering from squint.

Doctor Answers (3) on Short sight

Dr. Arun Rajan Thiruvananthapuram | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
It is unlikely that your left eye will attain normal vision without spectacles. In fact your spectacle power may increase till around 25 years of age and then stabilise. But you may still need to continue wearing glasses even after that. But, after 21 years of age, you can consider LASIK surgery.
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello
As your age is 14 yrs,so still we have time to save for lazy eye.
Use glasses as recommended by your doctor and in addition to that,start patching of the better eye.
Duration of patching is guided by vision in lazy eye but it should not be less than 2 hours/day along with 1 hour of near work

I hope this will help you

Dr. Shubha N Bangalore | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello, let me get the facts correct, you have power in only one eye and the vision in left eye is not as good as in your right eye even after spectacle correction? Its difficult to  improve and attain vision now as good as in right eye as you are older now because of unequal numbers in both eyes and not corrected at an early age. Hope the prescription given to you in left eye nearly reaches the vision as that of right eye.