Short height

I am 5'2 and 18yrs old i know a little about genetics...everyone from my mother's side are above 5'5 and my father's side are also same....though my mom is 5'0 and my father 5'5...and my elder brother is 5" 5.5....so is there any chance that i can cross 5'4....and plz do tell me if i have to consult an endocrinologist.

Doctor Answers (1) on Short height

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Unfortunately, once you're done growing, that's pretty much it. Men grow height-wise until ~21 years old, although depending on the person they may experience slight changes until 25.

For someone in their later twenties, you're already not producing the regul ar pulsatile bursts of growth hormone needed to stimulate longitudinal growth, but even if an exogenous source was provided, the growth region of the bone known as the epiphyseal plate has already shut down, so you'd only grow laterally. If you get doses of growth hormone as an adult, you develop a condition known as acromegaly.