Severe stomach ache

I'm having severe stomach pain from past 3 days. Yesterday I went to doctor and told him symptoms I had, severe pain, loose motion, stomach pain is not continuous and comes along when I had to go for toilet, so after going to toilet pain goes off. I don't have problem in urinating & it is normal. He prescribed:- SPORLAC-DS (3times a day), CUREPAN-DSR(2times) & ANAFORTAN(2times). Even after following his prescription for a day there is no relief for me from my Stomach ache. It is not continuously paining, it pains before it becomes urgent for me to go to toilet. He told not to eat any hot(chilly) food & eat only curd rice. Now my question is I forgot to ask him can I drink plenty of water to make digestion smoother? So can I drink? Secondly though I'm following his prescription & not recovering please anyone of you can suggest good medicines?

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe stomach ache

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi..... Get plenty of liquids..... Eat at regular times. Don't skip meals, and try to eat about the same time each day to help regulate bowel function. If you have diarrhea, you may find that eating small, frequent meals makes you feel better..... Continue with the prescribed medications.... Consult Physician if symptoms persists......