Severe Pimples

I have so many pimples on my face. The story of pimples goes this way- first the pimple become red then after 1 day it becomes yellow (filled with mucus) and while cleaning my face it comes off and it leaves off a scar and a black mark.A year from so my previous doctor gave me some strong antibiotics like Azithromycin500 mg tab, Aceclofenac +paracetamol tablets and cetrizine hydrochloride and some cream or some lotion (i don't remember) for almost 40 days. But i didn't really get satisfied with them. They also said that the pimples will go away as you will grow up but haven't got any luck. I now live in a hostel so what is the reason? Is it because of my diet? Can these be cured by any medicine. Currently I use a benzoyl peroxide 2.5% soap Acnestar and vicco termuric for moisturization.

Doctor Answers (2) on Severe Pimples

Dr. Anchal Shah Ahmedabad | Dermatologist
Greetings You need proper anti acne treatment for complete clearing of acne and scars. Treatment options include oral medications, creams etc. In addition to that peels and IPL treatment done by dermatologist may give additional benefit . Better to consult a dermatologist in person so that proper treatment can be started according to skin type, probelm areas. Meanwhile, take care of following points : 1. Avoid scrubbing 2. Avoid usage of cosmetic products 3. Don't use nails to press the Pimples or scratching 4. Drink 2-3 litres water daily 5. Strict sunprotection 6. Avoid intake of junk food
You have nodulocystic acne - a severe variant but it usually responds well to proper treatments. A technique called intralesional injection can be applied so that the scars are less for this site. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Apply Sunscreens regularly.