Severe pain in palm joint
My mom has severe pain in palm and wrist joints. Orthopaedics and neurologists confirmed that it's not arthritis. She had chickun gunya two years ago and this started an year after CG subsided.

Dr. Biswajit Dutta Baruah
Orthopedic Surgeon 13 yrs exp Chennai

Thanks for asking me to respond. There are several bones in the palm and wrist joints that can be the source of pain. It depends on the exact location from where pain is arising. Inflammation of the tendons of the thumb or those attaching to the fingers (trigger fingers) are common causes of pain and swelling. Chickenguya itself can lead to swelling of the joints but it's unnatural for it occur after an interval. She needs anti inflammatory medicines for the time being. I cannot prescribe meds as Practo prohibits me from doing so If the pain persists beyond a couple of weeks, it would be a good time to consult a rheumatologist who can confirm the presence or absence of serotonin negative arthritis. A couple of blood test can confirm the diagnosis. Good luck.
Dr. Hithysh BM
hello osteoporosis gout rheumatiod arthritis should be ruled out consult orthopedician for further evaluation and treatment.