Severe hip pain
Hai I have a constant pain in my left lower back which extend to the front lower abdomen. Left side hip pains. I have PCOS. This front abdominal pain is due to PCOS or lumbar strain? Will it get OK if I do muscle strengthening exercises daily? Up to what duration I have to continue? Any other solution? Or is it related to some other problems?

Dr. Parag Patil
Orthopedic Surgeon 11 yrs exp Yavatmal

Pain radiating forward from the back may be due to muscular causes , intra-abdominal pathology like PCOD ,or due to renal causes like stones/infection etc. Pl get an Usg abdo+pelvis done to rule out the same. You may also need to consult your gynaecologist or general surgeon. Exercises usually start showing results in 3-4weeks' time. The duration depends on how long the symptoms last.
Dr. Naveen Devarajaiah
Orthopedist 9 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi, it requires clinical examination to determine the cause. The abdominal pain may be / maybe not due to PCOD. The back pain may reduce with physiotherapy and medications. CONSULT ORTHO SURGEON