Severe hairfall & dandruf

Ive been facing hairfall problem since 5-6yrs now. But in the recent 1-2years dandruff started making my scalp itchy. From past month I've been losing 500-600strands a day & can clearly see my scalp. I fear of getting baldness as I dont see hair follicles too. All my scalp is filled with white flakes which are dropping down when I scratch. Tried shampoos like 8x & matrix anti dandruff shampoo along with few home remedies, but no results. Please help me. Which doctor should I consult?? What's the treatment??

Doctor Answers (2) on Severe hairfall & dandruf

Hi, greetings. In women - several causes of unhealthy hair, hair fall and hair thinning can be identified. Importantly, anaemia, sudden weight loss or weight gain, hormonal issues including thyroid, recent illness, female pattern alopecia, vitamin deficiencies - to name a few. Stress, pollution and other environmental factors, parlour damage further add to hairfall. So please see a qualified dermatologist near you to understand, what could be the definite cause for hair fall in your case and try to rectify the same. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards
dandruff is a chronic problem and will need maintenance shampoos.
Dandruff is a common situation more common among teenagers. It can be more problematic if you are using hair oils. So consider discontinuation of oils and using an antifungal shampoo everyday for first week and then reduce the application to twice a week for maintenance. You should keep the shampoo at-least for 5 minutes on the scalp for it to act. This should solve your problem. However if problem persists, consult a Dermatologist for proper diagnosis and treatment and to rule out any other skin condition. Hope it helps you.
Start on biotin supplements and food rich in iron content. Use a milder shampoo and consider frequent shampooing and conditioning.
Avoid Self Medications.