Facing hairfall

I am facing hair fall I suggested with doctor. And doctor told me to use Dutamax 0.5 mg tablet or Finasteride tablet. I want to know which one is better. And side effects of these tab.

Doctor Answers (2) on Facing hairfall

Greetings. I presume that you are suffering from Andro genetic alopecia. I would usually reserve dutasteride for patients who haven't responded to finasteride. They are reasonably safe, They do not have any significant side effects, should be used by men only. They can cause some sexual side effects in a very small percentage of patients which is reversible on discontinuation of the medication. Warm regards.
The hair cycle normally consists of growing, resting and falling hairs and there is a delicate balance between these stages of hair cycle. Normally hair should regrow but if it is not happening, you should consider seeing a dematologist. Further information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss
Serious side effects with finasteride are extremely rare, though it can happen. Finasteride is US-FDA approved while dutasteride awaits approval for usage in male pattern baldness.