Severe Hairfall

I had severe hairfall last year during june, after blood tests my vitamin d level was low 4.74 ng/ml. I took uprise d3 60k once a week for a month along with orofer xt tablet daily. Hairfall kind of reduced. So I stopped medication. Now again hairfall has started in similar way. Pls help

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe Hairfall

Thanks for the query. FPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender and internal health. The treatment typically consists of topical lotion (Minoxidil). Based on the cause of hair loss, certain specific medications can also be started. It also depends on the age of the patient and if planning for conception or not. Various issues need to be decided before initiating the treatment. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement.Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth.
Further authentic information is in the following weblink https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/hair-and-scalp-problems/hair-loss
One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement.