Severe depression
I have been suffering from depression since childhood increasing only recently by stress from job, emotional isolation, parents' expectations and being put down by a lot of people, failing to read the so-called "signs" of life and being emotionally disconnected from everything that is happening around me which included missing my paternal uncle's funeral. What really snapped is when I missed his funeral and I was blamed and made to feel even more lonely and depressed in spite of not having interacted with him for most of my adult life and having being told by my mother and her sister especially that he didn't care about me which in fact was true. He didn't inquire when I was sick and pretty much didn't care about my existence except for a few times when I had lunch at his place because my mother bailed on my father and I for a few days. He really didn't care about me and now I have been blamed for not showing respect for attending his funeral. I've lost faith in my family and in life.

Dr. Vikas Khanna
Hypnotherapist 15 yrs exp Delhi

Please do not attach guilt to that even if he cared got you,things happen as they have to happen And you know he was not keen on you So don't pay heed to opinion of others
seek a professional s help if you feel so .
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

Do u want to live ur life? ??? Then live for yourself  not caring for others! !! This doesn't mean you need to avoid them. All u need u realise and understand  is your priorities and needs. If u want to to give importance for others and their expectations you will crib like for ever.
If y feel you need some clarity  better meet a Psychologist and lead a happy and peaceful life.
Dr. Rakhi Anand
Clinical Psychologist 22 yrs exp Delhi

hello there I can well understand your dilemma and emotional state under these circumstances. It seems to have some underlying emotional conflicts and rigid pattern of thinking which needs detailed workup during Individual and family counselling sessions and can be resolved. kindly consult Clinical psychologist in your area and hopefully it will be sorted out with professional help as it would be unbiased.
consult Clinical Psychologist
Dr. Arnab Ghosh Hajra
Psychiatrist 9 yrs exp Kolkata
For ur depression there r many treatment options, so dont worry. But do some family therapy also. Best wishes
Dr. Mohit Shah
Psychiatrist 10 yrs exp Mumbai
Unfortunately people and even family members don't understand Depression, I would suggest you to visit psychiatrist along with your mother so that he will be able to explain your problems, also feeling of hopelessness is part of your Depression for which you need to take medications and counselling
Visit a psychiatrist
Start daily walk