Severe acne on face

My skin is too sensitive and oily. I live in Goa. The climate is very humid . Pimples and acne have occupied my whole face. They even pop up on my neck and shoulders sometimes.I have small pimples all over my face and cysts on cheeks severly. Please suggest some good medicinal facewash and tubes to get a quick relief and also for long term.

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe acne on face

Hi. Greetings. Please note : Acne is a common problem at your age. Milk - excessive consumption can worsen acne. Reduce intake of chocolates and junk food too. Use a topical retinoid cream daily night. You may need a short course of antibiotics. Discuss other suitable forms of treatment with your dermatologist. Pimples may often leave spots especially of not treated or if we burst pimples or pick them. You'll need skin lightening creams for a specified duration to reduce the marks , and this could also be dealt with chemical peeling. Also you must use a sunscreen to prevent darkening of the spots. For scars, creams may not work n you may need procedures like microneedling, microneedling rf, fractional lasers, prp or subscision or a combination of these. Oral retinoids may be the ultimate medication for cystic lesions. Send in your pictures if you need further assistance. Or see a dermatologist near you and discuss the same with him. Hope this helps. Warm regards.