Senstivity in tooth

Hi Doc,

For around 1 year now I am severe sensitivity In a tooth, when I try to chew or bite any food with that tooth I face severe streak pain and discomfort, I tried sensodyne tooth paste and psx mouth wash but of no use , could you suggest me any medications for treating this sensitivity.

Doctor Answers (2) on Senstivity in tooth

Archana Betur Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
For the sensitivity in relation to 1 tooth , local remedies won't work... Do consult a dentist , it has to be a caries , or localized gingival problem can b due to many reasons.. Caries can b filled , gingival disease ll depend on the cause .. So,  After the checkup only dentist can advice u what treatment u need to go for... Don't delay to visit ur dentist...
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
If its a single tooth, possible causes could be a decay or gum related issue. There is no complete remedy with just medication, get an x-ray done of that particular tooth, so that your dentist can give you a definitive treatment plan for good overall longterm prognosis.