Sensitivity

Whenever I eat or drink cold items, I feel sensation in my teeth. Should I consult a doctor or I can use any sensitivity related toothpaste?
views-icons 35 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (9) on Sensitivity

Hi, First visit a dentist to know the cause for sensitivity.Meanwhile a sensitivity related paste can be used.
Hello, You need to visit a dentist as the sensitivity problem could be because of various factors.Regards,Dr sumanmakam,Dental arts,Bangalore
Hi. .If the sensitivity persists after the use of a desensiting paste for one month then you need to get it checked with X ray investigation. . It could probably due to deep caries or cavity ..

Regards

Hi You can start with sensitivity paste. If it does not subside in 2 weeks then you need to see dentist in person Regards
Consult a doctor.
Dr. Ratnika Agarwal Pune | Dental Surgeon
If the sensitivity is due to a cavity, a restoration can be placed. If gum disease is the cause, the dental professional can perform a thorough cleaning of the area. However, if the cause is from dentin being exposed, then there are a number of professional and at home treatments that can be used to reduce the sensitivity. In Office Procedures: Fluoride varnish can be applied to exposed areas, strengthening the enamel and dentin Fluoride foam or gel can be placed into a mouth tray; you then sit with this in your mouth for 3-5 minutes, providing the teeth with a high concentration of fluoride to strengthen the areas Bonding agent, the material used to stick tooth colored restorations to teeth, can be used to seal the dentin surface and provide a barrier to the stimuli that cause sensitivity At Home: Use a very soft bristle tooth brush, with low abrasive tooth paste Brush correctly and do not over brush Use a tooth paste specially formulated to soothe the nerve endings in the tooth Use a high concentration fluoride toothpaste (given to you by the dental professional) to strengthen the tooth surface There are a number of treatments available, and your dental professional can help you find those that will work best, depending on your situation. Always seek a dental professional's help – do not try to diagnose this problem yourself. It may be the sign of something more serious, and only a dental professional can tell you what it really is. Regards Dr Ratnika Agarwal , Dental Surgeon/Owner of Smile Up Dental Care & Implant Center ,PUNE
Dr. Puja Bansal Pune | Dentist
hello, yes, you need to consult a dentist and get your teeth checked. Sensitivity is caused by various reasons.. the dentist will rule out the cause and suggest you proper treatment for it.
sensitivity is multifactorial in nature,  lot many teeth conditions or gum conditions can cause, please visit dentist, get examined and  ruled out, all that can cause sensitivity, if any exisits ur dentist will treat then sensitivity will decrease, only tooth pastes and mouth wash could be very little help
visit dentist
visit dentist every six months
Consult a doctor .. hav ur teeth checked . Sensitivity is caused by various reasons.. find out the etiology n get treated.