Seborrheic Dermatitis

I am suffering from SD on scalp and have a feeling of itching all over my scalp. I also have flakiness and experiencing hairfall. I have been experiencing same from past 1 yr or so. Few months ago, all symptoms of SD disappeared. At that time my hair stopped falling and hair got thicker and longer. But after 4 months experiencing same again. Can u suggest the treatment course and good doc for this. I also have a history of IBS(Irritable Bowel Syndrome).

Doctor Answers (9) on Seborrheic Dermatitis

Amal Mandal Kolkata | Homeopath
Some how your symptoms are almost clear but to get parmanant solution a proper homeopathic case recording is necessary.Being a homoeopath it is not easy to say about one's medicine without proper and classical case recording. So You may contact through website askhomoeo.com for case recording and details of clinic
Homeopathy offers an excellent treatment for Seborrhoeic dermatitis during all stages. Cases treated especially in the early stages show much better results. However, old cases of Seborrhoeic dermatitis also respond very well, but would require time. Most cases approach for homeopathic treatment only after failing with the conventional medicines, unfortunately. Homeopathy is strongly recommended for Seborrhoeic dermatiti
Dr. Sri Divya Hyderabad | Homeopath
Hi,sd onscan is the main cause of hairfall in most of the people. Recurrance of ur complaint indicates ur problem has not resolved from root cause. According 2 u uffering from ibs also causes defeciency of vitamins in body which wil not allow ur immunity 2 develop.homoeopathy is a correct solution for ur case as they r interlinked and homoeopathy cures u as whole.
avoid using various antidandruff shampoos ,frequently changing.
drink lot of water , life style change.
Dr. Sharwari Pune | Homeopath
Your problem will be solved with proper homoeopathic treatment as homoeopathic medicine are safe and have no sideffects
Hello, You can visit Just Homoeopathy in Noida sector fifty two for treatment. Both the complaints can be taken care. Regards
Homoeopathy deals with person and not with particular disease, your problem definitely solve with the help of detail history.
Dr Tanmay Palsule Pune | Homeopath
Where in Delhi are you? I have a friend who works in NDMC homeopathic department. He will help you. I have one more acquaintance in Noida. Let me know who you want to consult. Will let you know the details. Or you can consult us on Practo direct or visit our website.
Seborrheic dermatitis is a common, chronic, superficial skin disorder causing scaly, itchy, red skin on the scalp, face, upper chest, back and other oily areas in the body. Seborrheic dermatitis is one of the leading cause of dandruff and occurs in all age groups. This condition primarily affects the sebaceous cysts present in the skin.

The sebaceous glands are present nearly everywhere in our skin except on the palms and soles. These glands secrete an oily substance (sebum) which consists of fat, and dead fat-producing cells.

People with this condition seem to have increased production of sebum.

Common symptoms of this disorder are:

Patchy scaling and thick crusts on scalp Plaques may include the scalp, eyebrows, nose, forehead, or ears.
Scales may be white or yellowish and attach themselves to the body of the hair Greasy, red skin with white or yellowish, flaky scales. Skin flakes or dandruff Small red-brown bumps on skin.Itch or soreness
Hair loss: this occurs in very long-standing cases having repeated inflammations of the sebaceous gland.
Dandruff is thought to be closely related to seborrheic dermatitis, but is less severe.
All the symptoms need not occur in the same person. Also, symptoms vary in their severity. Many a times, the symptoms improve while at other times they seem to remain the same or may increase in severity.

Homeopathy offers an excellent treatment for Seborrhoeic dermatitis during all stages. Cases treated especially in the early stages show much better results. However, old cases of Seborrhoeic dermatitis also respond very well, but would require time. Most cases approach for homeopathic treatment only after failing with the conventional medicines, unfortunately. Homeopathy is strongly recommended for Seborrhoeic dermatitis.
Homeopathy is also recommend for IBS constitutional treatment will help you in both your IBS as well as Dermatitis at same time
Dr. Hemesh Thakur Delhi | Homeopath
Relapse of seborrheic dermatitis is a recurring fungal problem. Appropriate constitutional homeopathic treatment would be highly advisable for treating this problem effectively. Thanks
Think of long term treatment about 1 yr to take care of both of your problems.
try to avoid chemical shampoos for your scalp.