Screen time for 18 m old

Hi Doctor, My son is 18 months old.He always want to watch rhymes on mobile or tab.If I don't give that...he will cry like anything.Even though I restrict it to 20-30 minutes,I am worried bcos he is getting water from his eyes while watching(He use to get water from his left eye till 8 months bcos of duct problem after massaging now he is not getting water normally but while.watching water is coming from left eye) Can u pls tell me if it is fine(is he getting water as he is watching from near distance or other issue) or suggest me if he asks for it can I show him TV from 6 feet distance.Is it fine?

Doctor Answers (1) on Screen time for 18 m old

Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello....... It's abnormal for the kid's eyes water while watching TV. Because of the fatigue of eyes, it will get dry eye, tears ... He is Just I year old kid.he has developed bad habits .. Don't let him watch TV or Tablet.instead tell him to play ,provide him other things. Get him tricycle or something. . ... And consult ophthalmologist.....