Screen time for 18 m old

Hi Doctor, My son is 18 months old.He always want to watch rhymes on mobile or tab.If I don't give that...he will cry like anything.Even though I restrict it to 20-30 minutes,I am worried bcos he is getting water from his eyes while watching(He use to get water from his left eye till 8 months bcos of duct problem after massaging now he is not getting water normally but while.watching water is coming from left eye) Can u pls tell me if it is fine(is he getting water as he is watching from near distance or other issue) or suggest me if he asks for it can I show him TV from 6 feet distance.Is it fine?

Doctor Answers (1) on Screen time for 18 m old

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello....... It's abnormal for the kid's eyes water while watching TV. Because of the fatigue of eyes, it will get dry eye, tears ... He is Just I year old kid.he has developed bad habits .. Don't let him watch TV or Tablet.instead tell him to play ,provide him other things. Get him tricycle or something. . ... And consult ophthalmologist.....