Schizophrenia

My mother is suffering from schizophrenia from 25 yrs.. Now she is not taking any medicines but sometimes her mood automatically changes and she starts behaving abnormally..  Shouting on my father and makes home environment worse.. She takes risperdone & Trihexyphenidyl tablet occasionally when condition gets worse.
views-icons 164 Views bookmarks-icon 2 Bookmarks 2 Shares Bookmark this Answer

Dr. Diwakar Sharma
Psychiatrist 6 yrs exp Delhi

Hi there, i have just gone through ur complain. U ll have to understand sonething here. Schizophrenia is a long term illness which has such a variable course in which there r lots of ups and downs symptom-wise. Only treatment is to keep this 'ups' to a minimum using medications which will help in keeping the distress for the family to the minimal. It is much easier to handle this illness once these Ups are under control. So u shud consult your psychiatrist again and reinitiate treament in the best interest of ur mother and others in family. hope this helps but feel free to raise further queries or consult. Thank you.