Schizophrenia and ocd

Hello sir I had schizophrenia in 2012 I used to see beheaded head and witch could hear voices so my doc suggested me quitipin 300 and cipin I took it for one year I became dull and like a dead person after that another doc gave me oleanz 2.5 and told I have ocd and told me to take it whole life do I have to take it whole life I have become very dull and stopped smiling and reacting

Dr. Sugandha Gupta
Psychiatrist 11 yrs exp Delhi
It seems that your earlier symptoms of seeing of images and hearing of voices have been in control for some time now. The second set of symptoms that you have described as troublesome I.e. lethargy, lack to initiative, emotional reactions being reduced etc, will require detailed evaluation. These symptoms could be negative symptoms of schizophrenia, depressive symptoms, side effect of medication (seems less likely here though), due to lack of stimulation environment etc. In all the cases as mentioned above your condition can be helped through psychological intervention or/ and medication. Please discuss in details about these symptoms with your psychiatrist, who will be able to help your condition. Do not lose help and rather focus on improving your level of functioning. Hope this helps you..