Scaring alopecia

It has been 6 months i am suffering from scaring alopecia at the beginning it was one spot now suddenly it increased to many and is spreading fast and i have also consulted one of the doctor here but i think the doctor is unable to control it and it is spreading fast so i want you to please suggest what should i do to control it as from the research carried by me i can see that in scaring alopecia hairs do not come again so i am worried. Please suggest me something better as its spreading really fast

Doctor Answers (1) on Scaring alopecia

Thanks for the query. Scarring alopecias are difficult to treat and an uphill task for any hair regrowth. The best option is to prevent the further damage of hair follicles and to conserve them. A scalp biopsy is mandatory to understand the inside pathology based on which a proper treatment can be initiated. Any delay will lead to further hair loss which is not advisable. If things work well, you ll be able to have a break to the receding hair and further improvement. Meet a good skin specialist near you for further information and plan. Hope it helps you. Dr MK Agarwala