Running hurts my knees

My knees ache after I run.so I've stopped running. I've had this problem for a few years now. Yoga seems to be the only exercise tha suits me

Doctor Answers (2) on Running hurts my knees

Hi.. Many a times due to weak hamstrings muscle, fast and rigorous activities like running or jogging might cause pain in the knee.. You need to get assessment of your knee cap followed by muscle strengthening if required.. All the best and have a good health....
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi.you should know that some of the most common reasons for knee pain are sprained ligaments, meniscus (cartilage) tears, tendonitis, and runner's knee.sometimes it might also be due to bursitis,osteoarthritis, patellofemoral pain syndrome etc. Most of the time hot compression with a cloth thrice daily, over the counter analgesic for few days and Complete rest for 5-6weeks with little movement of the affected region results in considerable healing of that region. But even after doing this, if you are not getting any relief it might be due to one of the causes I have mentioned above. So kindly Consult a orthopedic surgeon for further management.