Rubbing eye always

Hi doctor, My 3 year 10 month old son has got some kind of irritation in his one eye only. It has started yesterday, earlier he was rubbing few times, but since today morning he is rubbing every few minutes or sometime within 10-15 second. Apart from this his this affected eye look wise looks all clean, but looks like something got in earlier and causing irritation still. We washed with water, it got improved bit with that still looking for something which will sooth down better. Can i use ciplox-d eye/ear drop for him for this, if yes, how the dosage should be. Thanks for your time/help.
views-icons 31 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Rubbing eye always

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello. I think you have allergic conjunctivitis. 1. Eye allergies, called allergic conjunctivitis, are a common condition that occurs when the eyes react to something that irritates them (called an allergen). 2. The eyes produce a substance called histamine to fight off the allergen. As a result, the eyelids and conjunctiva (the thin, filmy membrane that covers the inside of your eyelids) become red, swollen and itchy, with tearing and burning. The key to treating eye allergies is a. Avoid or limit contact with the substance causing the problem. B. Avoid rubbing eyes instead do cold compresses. C. Use antiallergic eyedrop like olopat eyedrop twice daily d. Lubricating eyedrop like flogel thrice daily e. Use mild steroid like flurisone in pulse dose in severe allergy this will help you I am very sorry dear to say that there is no medicine that can cure allergy. Only way is to stay away from all those things that you are allergic to. This is a provisional diagnosis. consult your ophthalmologist for detailed examination
Dr. Mukesh Paryani Pune | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
eye rubbing can be a sign of allergy, infection or having glasses power which is uncorrected . all these things need to be checked in person a warning regarding use of ciplox-d eye drop.. it is a strong steroid combination and has to be used only on advise of eye specialist and under supervision.. so i would suggest you to visit nearest eye specialist soon
so i would suggest you to visit nearest eye specialist soon
CAUTION: steroids eye drops are usually prescribed over the counter in INDIA , which can cause blindness also if not used under supervision.