Rough Skin on left thumb

I have had rough skin on my left thumb for more than 6 years I guess, It doesn't spread but doesn't heal also. Tried many creams but to no avail. One cream which was suggested by a doctor came really close. It made it really small but couldn't remove it completely. Its now still there only on my left thumb. What to do?

Dr. Rasya Dixit
Hi You seem to be having hand eczema. This condition is common to people who use too much hand sanitizers or wash  hands too often. In some professionals like painters cooks etc it is common. Some times eczema runs in some families. Please use a good creamy moisturiser three times a day or more often if needed. A dermatologist can suggest some specific creams to heal this as well. But eczema is recurring and is often worse in winters or when you are under stress. Please use more moisturiser then usual during these conditions