Root Calcified

I have visited dentist for root canal treatment it was hurting inhumanly while he was filing, the dentist said the canal has calcification and I have to bear the pain or get the tooth extracted as LA is not working.I have read about some decalcification agents, what would be the solution for this?

Doctor Answers (2) on Root Calcified

Consult mds specialist in root canal treatment for a second opinion
Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Treatment of cavities depends on how severe they are and your particular situation. Treatment options include: Fluoride treatments. If your cavity is just getting started, a fluoride treatment may help restore your tooth's enamel. Professional fluoride treatments contain more fluoride than the amount found in tap water, over-the-counter toothpaste and mouth rinses. Fluoride treatments may be liquid, gel, foam or varnish that's brushed onto your teeth or placed in a small tray that fits over your teeth. Each treatment takes a few minutes. Fillings. Fillings, sometimes called restorations, are the main treatment option when decay has progressed beyond the earliest enamel-erosion stage. Fillings are made of various materials, such as tooth-colored composite resins, porcelain or combinations of several materials. Silver amalgam fillings contain a variety of materials, including small amounts of mercury. Crowns. If you have extensive decay or weakened teeth, you may need a crown — a custom-fitted covering that replaces your tooth's entire natural crown. Your dentist will drill away all the decayed area and enough of the rest of your tooth to ensure a good fit. Crowns may be made of gold, porcelain, resin, porcelain fused to metal or other materials. Root canals. When decay reaches the inner material of your tooth (pulp), you may need a root canal. This is a treatment to repair and save a badly damaged or infected tooth instead of removing it. The diseased tooth pulp is removed. Medication is sometimes put into the root canal to clear any infection. Then the pulp is replaced with a filling. Tooth extractions. Some teeth become so severely decayed that they can't be restored and must be removed. Having a tooth pulled can leave a gap that allows your other teeth to shift. If possible, consider getting a bridge or a dental implant to replace the missing tooth. If you are still concerned kindly consult a dentist for your queries..