Ringworm spreading
I have ringworm in my leg near ankle.it is spreading to other leg and few dots in same leg . am taking oral medicine along with fungal cream. How to stop spreading. Taking medicine for past ten days . attached photo

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Fungal infection is becoming an increasing problem due to misdiagnosis and wrong treatment with OTC medications. To add to the problem, many combination tubes are easily available in market and there is no regulation on the sale. They make the fungal infection a permanent problem though it may provide temporary relief. Please see a dermatologist as some extra medications are co-prescribed many a times to treat this complicated fungal infection. If needed a simple skin test can also be done to confirm the diagnosis.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.
Till then use only over-the-counter anti-allergic medications to control itching. Personal hygiene should be good. Wear loose fitting clothes.

How does ringworm spread